1798 - In anticipation of the iron deposits on Lower Beverly Lake being developed, a road was built from the Great Falls on the Gananoque River to Kingston Mills. This was the first road on the present route of Highway 15.
1800 - After 6 years of competition for the privilege, Wallis Sunderlin of Tinmouth, Vermont, was given approval to develop the iron works.
1802 - The first iron smelter in Upper Canada began operation here, consisting of a water powered blast furnace and trip hammer. Wallis Sunderlin was granted 1200 acres of land for timber to make charcoal.
1803 - A grist mill, a hotel with a 10 gallon still, and a group of houses around the iron works, became known as Furnace Falls.
1805 - Ephraim Jones of Brockville bought a 25% share in the furnace and forge.
1811 - Fire destroyed the iron works and mills, Wallis Sunderlin died, and his family returned to USA accused of making weapons for American insurgents. Ephraim Jones assumed ownership of Sunderlin’s forfeited rights, including the town site and water rights.
1812 - War broke out between United States and Canada. Ephraim Jones died.
1828 - Ephraim Jones’ sons, Charles and Jonas, built a grist mill and saw mill and a stone house, which were leased to successive millers.
1836 - A woolen mill was built at the south end of the village with a dam that created the “lower mill pond”.
1846 - Furnace Falls is renamed Lyndhurst.
1857 - The new stone bridge is completed after 2 failed attempts, replacing several generations of wooden bridges dating back to 1800.
1865 - The village was surveyed and the streets named after members of the Jones family.
1869 - John Roddick and Edward Green purchased the town site from the estate of Jonas Jones. Green took over the former Jones mills on the east side of the river and later replaced them. Roddick built stone mills on the west side of the river.